I found a recipe for a quick, single serving of homemade vanilla ice cream that takes me back to the hot summer days when I was about four feet tall.
I recommend using real vanilla extract for a great flavor.
You will need:
1 small sealable plastic bag
1 large sealable plastic bag
½ c. milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. ice cubes
6 Tbsp. salt
• Put the milk, sugar and vanilla into the small plastic bag and seal it tightly. Shake the bag to mix the ingredients.
• Put the ice and salt into the large plastic bag.
• Put the small bag into the large bag and seal tightly.
• Shake the bags until ice cream forms, about 5 minutes.
• Remove the small bag and wipe well with a damp cloth (otherwise you will have very salty ice cream).
• Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!
After you have enjoyed your icy treat, turn the plastic bags inside out and wash with soapy water. Stand the inside out bags on your counter top to dry. Reuse them later!